Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Loop Hero, Eastward, and more featured in Indie World 8.11.2021
In addition to announcing the surprise availability on the eShop of several new independent versions of Switch, including Axiom Verge 2, Boyfriend Dungeon, Necrobarista: Final Pour, ISLANDERS: Console Edition and others, Nintendo and their independent partners also had a number of great announcements to be made at the digital event. .
New titles coming in the fairly near future (some as console launch exclusives) included Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Loop Hero, Tetris Effect: Connected, Eastward, Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon, and many more.
Take a look at a few screens, the full storefront itself, and the ad with all the details below.
Indie World Showcase 8.11.2021 – Nintendo Switch:
Screenshots of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk:
Screens to the East:
In a new presentation of Indie World, Nintendo showcased a wide selection of games coming to the Nintendo Switch family of systems, all brought to life by a variety of independent publishing and development partners from around the world. The presentation included seven games that will launch later today, including Axiom Verge 2, as well as other highlights, such as the announcement that Eastward will arrive as a timed exclusive on September 16 with digital pre-orders starting today on Nintendo eShop and on Nintendo .com.
Other games featured in the showcase include Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, an action-graffiti adventure from Team Reptile; Loop Hero, an innovative RPG based on maps from Four Quarters and Devolver Digital; Metal Slug Tactics, a new take on the Metal Slug franchise from Leikir Studios and Dotemu; Tetris Effect: Connected, the classic game with a competitive and cooperative twist from Enhance, Monstars Inc., Resonair and Stage Games; Necrobarista: Final Pour, an anime-style visual novel about coffee and death from Route 59 and Coconut Island Games; and Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon, an action-packed puzzle-adventure mashup from Vine and Yacht Club Games.
âThis latest Indie World showcase features a diverse selection of indie games from our indie development partners around the world,â said Steve Singer, senior vice president of publisher and developer relations, Nintendo of America. “Nintendo Switch continues to be the ideal platform for gamers who want a wide variety of indie games that can be played at home or on the go.”
To view the full Indie World video, go to https://indieworld.nintendo.com/. Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Team Reptile’s Bomb Rush Cyberfunk: In this action-graffiti adventure, grind, paint and combine your way to become an All City King, one of the best graffiti artists in a sprawling metropolis. Grow your crew with additional playable characters and use the intuitive hint system to get around town. All this is supported by the rhythms of revolutionary artists, including Hideki Naganuma. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk will launch in 2022 as an exclusive timed console on Nintendo Switch.
- Axiom Verge 2 from Thomas Happ Games LLC: In this prequel to the original Axiom Verge, a new hero fights for his life, empowered by the same microscopic machines that are gradually consuming his humanity. With two interconnected worlds to explore and cross, it’s time to uncover the origins of the Axiom Verge universe. Axiom Verge 2 is coming to Nintendo Switchâ¦ later today!
- Pixpil / Chucklefish Eastward: Discover a beautifully detailed post-apocalyptic world in Eastward, an action-adventure RPG with puzzle and dungeon-solving elements. In a near-future society on the brink of collapse, a hardworking miner named John discovers a young girl named Sam in a secret underground facility. This unlikely couple will embark on an emotional journey to uncover the truth, traveling through a wonderfully strange world and exploring bustling cities, curious campsites, and shady forests. Eastward launches for Nintendo Switch as a timed console exclusive on September 16, with pre-orders starting on Nintendo eShop later today.
- TOEM from Something We Made: a casual hand-drawn adventure game in which you go on a delightful expedition and use your photographic eye to uncover the mysteries of the eponymous TOEM. By chatting with quirky characters and solving their problems by taking neat photos, you can make your way through a variety of different and relaxing regions inspired by the Scandinavian countryside. TOEM will launch on Nintendo Switch this fall.
- Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon from Vine / Yacht Club Games: With Puzzle Knight as your guide, battle enemies, collect relics, and take on new and familiar bosses in this action-packed puzzle-adventure mashup. Group your enemies to unleash massive chain attacks and collect keys, potions and treasures as you try to escape the mysterious Pocket Dungeon. Over 10 heroes will be available, each with their own unique power and playstyle. You can even compete against a friend in local multiplayer. * As an exclusive feature for Nintendo Switch, Shovel Knight series amiibo can be used to call a familiar fairy friend. Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon will be available on Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Metal Slug Tactics from Leikir Studio / Dotemu: A fresh take on Metal Slug that takes the classic action franchise to a new dimension, Metal Slug Tactics retains fan favorite elements such as detailed pixel art and explosive action, but adds tactical combat mechanics and roguelike elements to the mix. Control familiar Metal Slug heroes such as Marco, Tarma, Fio, and Eri in fast-paced and dynamic battles. As a tactical game, positioning is key – placing your troops correctly on the battlefield can activate the Sync skill, where multiple heroes deal additional damage to the enemy. Get ready for a whole new Metal Slug experience when Metal Slug Tactics launches on Nintendo Switch in 2022.
- Tetris Effect: Connected from Monstars Inc., Resonair and Stage Games / Enhance: this version of the famous Tetris Effect offers the single player Journey mode, but also the competitive Zone Battle mode (available locally * or online **) and the cooperative mode connected. It also includes cross-platform multiplayer, so it’s easier to find people to play with or against. Take the Tetris Effect experience with you when Tetris Effect: Connected launches on Nintendo Switch on October 8.
- FAR: Okomotive / Frontier Foundry Changing Tides: Embark on a new journey in this atmospheric vehicle adventure set in the post-apocalyptic universe first introduced in FAR: Lone Sails. Captain your own ship and explore a vast flooded landscape, face mighty storms and overcome puzzles as you embark on a journey in search of a new home. It is an emotional and meditative journey that does not require any prior knowledge of the FAR series. FAR: Changing Tides will launch on Nintendo Switch in early 2022.
- Loop Hero from Four Quarters / Devolver Digital: Instead of taking on the role of the hero in this innovative card-based RPG, you must create the world the hero travels in. Using an expanding game of mystical cards, place enemies, buildings, and land along each unique Expedition Loop the hero explores. Powerful loot can be looted and equipped for each hero class, and the more loops you complete, the more your options expand, with new maps, hero classes, and guardian bosses unlocked along the way. Loop Hero will launch on Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Boyfriend Dungeon from Kitfox Games: In this heartfelt dating sim, use in-game money you earn fighting monsters to woo your guns on romantic outings. Multiple fighting styles just means more cuties to bond with! Boyfriend Dungeon is out on Nintendo Switchâ¦ later today!
- Necrobarista: Final Pour de Route 59 / Coconut Island Games: Set in a story about coffee and death, this anime-style visual novel follows a dynamic cast of characters as they navigate Melbourne’s fantastic coffee culture, the questionable ethics of necromancy and the letting go process. This expanded version of the Director’s Cut from the original game features new story content and remastered visuals. There’s even a new Studio Mode where players can create their own dialogue and stories. Necrobarista: Final Pour will launch as an exclusive timed console for Nintendo Switchâ¦ later today!
- ISLANDERS: Console Edition from GrizzlyGames / Coatsink: This relaxing procedurally generated strategy game lets you develop an island by placing buildings from your inventory. Score enough points and you will get more buildings with which to further develop your island colony. Then when you can’t build any more, start over and start over on another island. With its minimalist approach, intuitive mechanics, and nearly endless colorful islands to build on, ISLANDERS lets you create the city of your dreams over and over again in no time. ISLANDERS: The Console Edition launches on Nintendo Switch exclusively on a timed consoleâ¦ later today!
- Garden Story by Picogram / Rose City Games: Become the keeper of the grove and explore a bustling island to inspire its inhabitants, repel invading rot and rebuild your home. Respond to villagers’ requests, solve puzzles, and do all you can to help restore the community! Garden Story launches exclusively on a timed consoleâ¦ later today!
The Indie World presentation also included a montage of upcoming indie games, including two games launching today for Nintendo Switch: Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition by Monomi Park and Curious Expedition 2 by Maschinen-Mensch / Thunderful Publishing. Additionally, the edit also highlighted Hundred Days – Winemaking Simulator from Broken Arm Games and Gang Beasts from Boneloaf, both launching this winter; ASTRONEER from System Era Softworks, which will launch in January; and LumbaarJack from Finalboss Games / Armor Games, coming in 2022.