PSA opens a registry office in Bohol


Boholanos no longer need to travel to Cebu to request a copy of their civil status documents; A Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Civil Registration Services (CRS) extension outlet will open here on May 2.

At an event titled ‘Go Live and Opening’, PSA will showcase the start of operations of its CRS outlet here in Bohol, a long dream project for Boholanos who are expected to sail to Cebu to get a hard copy of their civil registration documents.

“For so long we have been pushing for the opening of a Bohol CRS PSA outlet, noting the inconvenience of having to wait for the necessary documents processed under the Batch Request Entry Query System (BREQS), said Jessamyne Anne Alcazaren, Bohol PSA chief.

The BREQS is a system in which the PSA authorizes a partner to receive requests for copies and certifications of civil status documents issued by the PSA and to issue these documents to its customers.

The BREQS is served by an Outlet Serbilis, the PSA agent authorized to process the necessary CRS.

But given the time it takes for an offline bulk application to be consolidated for processing, a client may have to wait seven days to get the civil documents they need.

With the opening of the CRS outlet in Bohol, specifically on the second floor of the Uptown Computer Center, JLU Central Block adjacent to the satellite market in Tagbilaran City, Boholanos can now benefit from PSA’s frontline services.

The new CRS Outlet which opens one day after Tagbilaran Feast Day could already physically issue birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, non-marriage certificate (CENOMAR), manual authentication and issuance of a copy of civil status documents annotated on secure paper (SECPA).

With the continued and persistent threat of Coronavirus Disease, however, the PSA is advising potential customers in the new outlet to present vaccination cards so that you can be admitted inside the CRS outlet.

For those who need their SECPA copy of their marital documents, if one is requesting their own documents, a valid ID card is required.

If the person making the request is the document owner’s parent or a direct descendant of the document owner, they must bring the applicant’s valid ID.

If the applicant is unrelated to the owner of the document, they must bring the owner’s valid ID, the applicant’s valid ID, and an authorization letter or special power of attorney to process the requested document.

In cases where the owner of the document is located abroad, the owner’s passport, the applicant’s identity document and a scanned copy of the owner’s authorization letter or special power of attorney are sufficient. (rahc/PIA-7/Bohol)

Comments are closed.